CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What faith looks like...

My kids are so cool! I love to see their faith growing and developing. To coin a phrase from our 252 curriculum, "here's what faith looks like at our house..."
Last week, we were at Stone Mountain, and Asher had gone through the ropes course over and over for about an hour. One of the workers stopped me and said, "You know what I like about Asher? He wants to do everything by himself!" Asher looked up at the worker and said, "I can do anything with God's help!" (4 years old)
Colton is praying nightly for God to speak to his heart because he feels like God and Satan are fighting for his heart. Our virtue this month is respect, and Colton is really wrestling with this at home. He prays for God to win and capture his heart because he's tired of being sent to his room : ). (7 years old)
Kenzie is experiencing real brokenness in her sin. She has never struggled with outward disobedience; she's more the passive defiance type. She is quiet and thoughtful, definitely the peacemaker, but she has really begun to see sin as sin and be broken over it. It consumes my heart when I see this brokenness. She is quite burdened about her friend Abby, and prays daily for Abby to be healed. (8 years old)
God is so amazing when He reveals Himself to a child and through a child.
They teach me every day. God, give me the kind of faith that will draw my children nearer to you!

0 comments: