CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 12, 2007

The Battle

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

Someone sent me this quote at the end of an e-mail today. I don't know why, but it struck me. It seems as if this week has been an especially draining one. I don't know why...
Well, that's not exactly true. A year ago today, we received some news that was devastating for our family. A year later, I can tell you that what some intended for evil, God intended for good, and where we are now is exactly where we are supposed to be. The pain has been unbearable at times, but now there is joy. However, I do have to say that most every day I have to put my anger and bitterness at His feet and say God it's Your battle, not mine.
In my brokenness, I have become keenly aware of the brokenness all around me.

The battle is raging in almost everyone I meet. Some are fighting for peace. Some are fighting for freedom from addiction. Some are fighting for their child's life. Some are fighting for their marriage. Some are battling themselves. The only victory in all of this is in Christ alone, in Him alone.
Chew on that. It may be in finally giving something up to Him, it may be standing up and fighting for something, it may be giving up and letting Him fight for you, it may be in Him taking someone home. But in Him is freedom, in Him is victory. So, whatever your battle is, stop and taste the mercy, the grace, the respite for your soul that only He can give.

1 comments:

Anonymous

In your wisdom, you have been removed 'the mask' and shared how great God's merciful love can be..... even in our brokenness. The battle is raging. You have experienced the power of His might. He promises to fight our battles for us. Ephesians 6:10-18 shows us plainly how to live in victory. His mercy is so sweet. His grace is awesome and humbling, but the rest found only in His arms is indescribably and must be experienced to know Him intimately. Sweet peace to all...good night. Love Mom