CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Ten on Tuesday

Ten Reasons why I don't mind turning 40 today:
1. I am loved.
2. I have a wonderful husband who is my best friend. I don't have to impress him. He knows me and loves me anyway.
3. I have three fabulous kids who think I'm the best mom ever.
4. I'm much more comfortable in my skin than I was at 20.
5. I don't feel the need to impress my friends. They are my friends.
6. I'm happy with who I've become, but I know that I haven't arrived.
7. Sure I'm forgetful, but most of what I forget probably wasn't that good anyway.
8. I did then what I knew then, now I know better so I do better. (a favorite Maya Angelou quote)
9. Everyone tells me life begins at 40 (I'll let ya know on that one).
10. It's been a heck of a year, and frankly I'm glad to have just survived.

3 comments:

Kerri

Happy Birthday Jana! I didn't catch your blog until late. I hope you had a fun day. I enjoyed your top 10. #10 made me laugh. May God continue to bless your life and the lives of your family in this next year.
Joining you in the 40 club soon enough, Kerri

Shane, Steph, Adeline, Adam

Happy Birthday Jana!!

Anonymous

You are a daughter of substance (meaning, significance).... on a journey....aging to perfection ... focusing on become more like Jesus! With great love for you, we celebrate your 'BIRTHday with immearsurable joy. M & D