CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Kenzie's Macon Noise

Wow! I tried to start catching up on my blog at the end of school and had started writing about our spring, when...my computer crashed, so I lost all of my pics. Well, Kenzie asked when I was going to write about her ball season, so here it is...

Kenzie loves softball...I mean, she looovvves it! She had prayed for God to give her an opportunity to play travel ball, so when she got the opportunity to try out, then made it, she was soooo excited! She played on the Macon Noise this spring. She came such a long way in her hitting and she dominated left field. I was so proud of her!
She had the best experience with the best coaches - truly a team of men who coached with integrity, love, and grace - all the while with a very competitive edge. I could not have asked for better as a mom. We were so blessed to be a part of this team - great girls, great parents, fabulous coaches!

We had a rough start as we were a very young team; Kenzie was the second oldest girl on the team! In our first few tournaments, we played whatever games we were guaranteed, then went home...then slowly, we began to win a few games each time.
Then, for our last tournament, we lost our first game, then we played five games in a row with no break in between (98 degrees, mind you), because we were WINNING! We didn't win the tournament, but we came in third and I was so proud of our girls! They were elated! As a matter of fact, one of the umpires for that tourney caught us at the end of the day and said, "You know I had my doubts about your little team when I first saw you, but I have never seen a team with such heart and determination...it was a treat to watch them play and win today!"

The best thing for me was seeing Kenzie grow through all of this. She learned about being a part of a team, about doing your best and playing your hardest, even without success for a while.

She had an incredible time and never once complained...she loved it and can't wait for some more NOISE this fall!