CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 25, 2008

Divided Heart

I've had a hard time recovering from cousins week.

not because i'm tired

but because i miss them so much

and others

it's hard sometimes

when God has called your heart to a place
that is so far from
those you love
and all that you've known

for so long.

most of the time

my heart is so here
but at times

(especially summer and Christmas)
my heart is so divided.

reminded of all that i love

there

and
here.

my sis and i are like best friends

blessed, i know.
so i miss her

a little snippet of time together
makes me realize how much...
then, in my heart, i go there
and i spend way too much time

reminiscing of my sweet friends that are still there too.

but, if i think about going back,

i can't fathom it right now

because i know in the depths of my heart

He has planted us here.

my heart is here

so blessed, so full

yet divided.

2 comments:

Aimee

For what it's worth. I'm glad God has planted you here!

Anonymous

Jana, I know well the 'Divided Heart' of which you speak. All of your family here misses your family so much when we are apart. If Jesus didn't love us so much and hold us close, it would be so much harder to be apart. God needs you where you are. Mom