CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Heroes



One of my favorite people stopped by my house today. His name is Keith Hardy. He is also one of my heroes. You see, he took the time to give my boys a special day at the fire house a year or two ago. They still talk about that. They both follow him around like he hung the moon whenever he's around.




When Keith stopped by, he told me of a story of two heroes in Macon that were buddies of his. They risked their lives the other day to save two little boys. The outcome wasn't what they would've wanted, but they were heroes still the same. You can read the full story here. The thing about it, though, is that they do that sort of thing every day, they work long hours, they don't get much recognition, and they sure don't get enough pay for what they do.
They love what they do, and they're proud of what they do. I'm proud to know Keith and other firefighters like him.
So, the next time you see one of these fellas, tell them thank you for the job they do. It just might be your baby that they're risking their lives to save one day.