CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jerry!


Today is my hubby's birthday! It is our family's honor to celebrate him!


-He is my rock! He lets me rant and rave, then calmly responds and helps me see the situation better. In all that we've gone through in the last year, he has let me work through my emotions, then gently and lovingly pointed me to God, the ultimate healer.


-He is my balancer. He is everything I'm not. When I worry, he calms me. When I want everything planned, he does something wonderfully spontaneous. When I think everything is falling apart, he shows me how blessed we are.


-He is absolutely hilarious. No one makes me laugh like he does...I'm talking can't breathe-laughing-so-hard-you're-afraid-you'll-wet-your-pants laughing!


-He is my spiritual leader. He is so sensitive to God's leading in our home, our ministry, our marriage, etc. No matter what we have faced in our 17 years of marriage, I know I can trust his leading because he's so connected to His leading.


-He values me as a mom. He drives an old 1989 Ford pickup, so that I won't have to go back to work to make another car payment. When I feel like I haven't "gotten anything done" on any given day because one of our children needed some "mommy time", he reminds me how much I accomplished just by being there for them.


-He is a great pastor! What you see on stage is what he is at home. He studies hard each week and seeks a true Word from God each week for his flock. He delivers truth like only one other pastor I've ever known (our pastor - Chris). He doesn't always make everyone happy, but he always speaks truth and follows God's call. I'm glad he's my pastor.


-He is a great daddy! Our kids are nuts about him!

-He's my best friend. There is no one I have had more fun with than him. Even though we are so different, we have the best time together.


I love you, sweetie! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Anonymous

Happy Birthday Jerry!!

I seem to remember him wearing a dress on one of his birthdays. It could have something to do with us kidnapping him though. HHHHMMMM... Wonder where that picture is?

Shane, Steph, Adeline, Adam

Happy Birthday!! I am sure Shane will love some witty comment when I tell him we missed his birthday :)