CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Old Friends

What is it they say about old friends?

I can't remember the quote I'm thinking of...
but there is something about catching up with an old friend that fills my heart.

It's like there's a little place that they've carved out
a long time ago,
and when you go a long time
without seeing or talking to them,
you don't feel the hole so much because life goes on.
But then, many years later, out of the blue,
you reconnect.
You pick up where you left off.

And your heart is full.
God gave me that today.
My heart was encouraged
to hear of the journey...
We caught up today.
It's been 4 years
Since we've seen each other
Life has changed...
The friendship remains.

I still can't find the quote I'm looking for, but I found this one worth sharing:
When we hurt each other
we should write it down in the sand,
so the winds of forgiveness can make it go away for good.
When we help each other
we should chisel it in stone,
lest we never forget the love of a friend.

0 comments: