CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 7, 2008

I've been tagged (part 2)

I've seen these "meme" things before, but not quite sure what they were, so my buddy Kerri enlightened me. When you tag someone with a set of questions or a list or a game, they respond in their blog, etc.

Here are the rules for this one:
Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more (no cheating!)
Find page 123
Find the first five sentences
Post the next three sentences
Tag five people

The closest book to me was Same Kind of Different As Me, which is a complicated book and page 123 makes no sense if you just pick it up, so next one down is my favorite and I'm going to post from that one.

The Barbarian Way by Erwin Macmanus

...The brokenness of a lost and unbelieving world is not enough to inspire the painful changes necessary to make the church relevant to the world in which we live.
One of the tragedies of a civilized society is that no one wants to get involved. What becomes appropriate is to mind our own business.

Oh my! Every time I open this book, my world is rocked. My heart's cry is that I will truly live The Barbarian Way. It has been huge for me. His message is passionate and challenging and uncomfortable.

Now, I'll tag Cindy, Lanier, shane and steph, Shannon and John. Whatcha readin?

1 comments:

Kerri

Hi Jana,

Great quote!

Thanks for playing the crazy little blogging game I got tagged with and then tagged you. Kinda fun!

We love you and Jerry and are very glad to be back in touch.

much love,
Kerri