CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 18, 2008

Therapy

People often ask me how I survive as a "pastor's wife" with all that we have going on and all that comes our way, well, truthfully, here's my answer.

My therapy...
I love a bargain...

I found this at the discount store for $39



and turned it into this...
And I took this...
and turned it into this...

I found this old telephone table for $59 at a hotel liquidation store (it was light wood)...And turned it into this...

This is my next project; I found this by the dumpster...

I'll keep you posted on this.

All of these projects drive Jerry crazy, but I've convinced him that it's cheaper than therapy. I do much thinking and praying while I paint. And the thrill of beating "the system", creating something special out of something not-so-special is very satisfying.

I had a dear friend over the other day, who said something that stuck with me..."Anyone can spend lots of money and have a beautiful home, but it is a gift to make a home on a budget!"

3 comments:

Shannon

I'm a little envious of your find by the dumpster! What a treasure!

Kerri

Wow! I'm so impressed. Would you consider coming to Brazil with us . . . just long enough to make our house lovely and homey on a budget?!!! I'm a little challenged in the area of creativity and decor!!

When your house gets too full of treasures . . . maybe you can start a side business!!

Toni

Love your project overhauls!!.....that is right down my "alley"! haha
love making something "thrown away" useful and beautiful again!.......
Reminds me so much of what God does for us!.....taking all our "defects" and making them into something useful and good for others...when we surrender them to him...and His creativity! ;)