CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 25, 2008

Pirates and Princesses

Today my friend and I made 8 little cakes and 48 cupcakes for her daughter's birthday party tomorrow. It is pirates and princesses. They turned out so cute that I had to show ya...

Here are the princesses...
Here are the pirates on their island...

I love doing birthday cakes. My kids love it too. I usually let them frost one just their own way. They do a great job. I'll have to see if I can find some pics of those and post.

Why don't we celebrate like this for our birthdays when we get older? Are we not glad to be here another year? What message are we sending to our children? Kenzie once informed me that she didn't want to be a grown up because when you're a grown up, birthdays aren't fun anymore." Sad statement...

Maybe we just need to find a reason, any reason and celebrate something today!

Let me know if you think of something.

2 comments:

Shannon

Those are precious! My m-i-l does all of our birthday cakes. And she made me one of my very own a couple of years ago. :)

Aimee

I love those! Camden would be so jealous. We are doing (another) pirate party this year. We did one when he turned four, and it was awesome. I'm afraid I used up my best ideas, so I'm trying to come up with new ones - not that any kid would notice. I LOVE birthday parties. Derek and I have the same birthday, so we still to birthdays pretty big for adults too. When I turned 30, I had an 80's party and we rented out the skating rink. "Totally awesome to the max," I think we would have said.