CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 5, 2008

Zach

Five years ago today, he left us.
He was one of the first people I met upon arriving in Macon.
I'll never forget that first meeting, in Kitty's kitchen, him perched on the stool while we visited.
The honk of his horn every time he rode by Kitty's house.
The conversations and laughter at the lake cabin...
I knew him such a short time,
but even in that short time, he made an impact on our family.
No one quite like the Z-man.
Carla, Johnny, Kitty and Big, and all the Kemper clan...
I know the ache is always there,
and you wonder sometime if others have forgotten,
so this is just to let you know...
that you are loved...
and thought about...
and prayed for...
more often than you know,
and those who love him,
and you,
will never forget...

" Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:21-23

"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. it is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart..." Philippians 1:3-7

We will never forget, nor tire of your grief.
We love you, Carla, Johnny, Kemper, Cole, Big, Kitty, King Katie, Alan and Kathy...
And we love and miss you, Zach.

1 comments:

Anonymous

Jana, thanks for that post. At bible study Kitty mentioned this briefly but I didn't know when this loss happened. Kitty, if you're reading this, I'm saying a prayer for your family right now.