CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Recent Developments

A few days before Christmas, we had an exciting development...our first "harvest" from our winter garden! We've never done a winter garden, but my good buddy Elizabeth inspired me this year, so we planted brussel sprouts, carrots, lettuce, cauliflower and broccoli.
I couldn't have done it without the help of Stone the Gardener. He's amazing!

Colton was the most proud because he has helped the most in the garden...watering, weeding, etc. So fun!

Then, on to our next big news...Kenzie got a puppy for Christmas! After 3 Christmases and birthdays of begging for a dog, Daddy finally gave in and gave Kenzie a puppy. Addie Mae is a sweet 4 month old yorkie that has a little girl that adores her.

1 comments:

Shannon

I recently saw some brussel sprouts in the produce department at HEB. They were still on the stalk. I had no idea what they looked like growing. It was really cool looking!! I have done summer gardens for several years, but haven't had the time to get it ready for the winter... maybe next year!