CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter Reflections

I have sat down several times to try to blog about Easter and I just can't wrap my mind around all of it. I'm still chewing on it. So, here are my random thoughts, observations, blessings...

-arriving at Stratford to set up on Saturday for Easter, and seeing an army of new faces ready to help accomplish the movement of Jesus called Piedmont...

-my children "chalking" the driveway (and a bit of the street) proclaiming "Jesus is Alive" for all to see...

-being "free" of the pressures of Easter finery on Sunday morning, and my children being thrilled to wear their Piedmont shirts on Sunday morning...

-stumbling upon the 3 and 4 year olds singing "Jesus Loves Me" Sunday morning. It doesn't get much better or simpler than that. If we could just truly grasp that one song...

-listening to Jimmy Dooley present the Gospel to 4th and 5th grade boys, when it wasn't "in the written lesson", and it just flowed so naturally from him because of the relationship he has with those boys...

-overhearing Le Kilgore talk about the "chink, chink" of the nails as she passed around a nine-inch nail to her first graders, then seeing her overcome with emotion because of her love for her Christ and His children...

-listening to Mardi Bass share with us in Bible Study about a Christ-centered Easter, and seeing several young women begin to incorporate that into their Easter...thank goodness for those older women that take time to invest in us!

-seeing Shannon overcome with emotion as she led the worship team in "Jesus Paid It All" with the children, that worship is so SWEET...

-our Allstar production team coming together to create our own production for Easter, for greater impact with the children...the chalk drawing of the crucifixion, resurrection mesmerized the children as they anxiously watched to see what would come next (Tav and Randy, you rock)

-spending the afternoon with my "Georgia family" - the Kempers, what a blessing just knowing that family has been, the love in that family blows me away...

-watching as so many children see themselves as church planters in this movement called Piedmont, the joy and energy they have as they help pack up each week. It really is something to see as we are training these children to be servant leaders in church...

-107 in the Allstars area, a family ministry that is 6 1/2 months old, God you amaze me. Thanks for including me in YOUR plan...

1 comments:

Anonymous

Jana, I want to thank you, and the whole AllStars team for all you do! Even though we have been attending sporadically lately, I have heard more from my children about what they learned at Piedmont Church than I ever heard where we were before! Ethan recently told us how he and Kyle remembered learning to help one another, and worked together cleaning up their room! Ya'll really are making a difference!--Nancy Ashmore