CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Our Family Song

Music is one of the ways God really speaks to me. This last year, one song that a dear friend gave me that helped me in the midst of the hard times was "Praise You in this Storm" by Casting Crowns (if you've never heard it or really listened to the words, check it out at http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/castingcrowns/praiseyouinthisstorm.html). It was like a healing balm to my wounds on many a night. I would drive in my car and sing it at the top of my lungs (which is the only place I should be heard singing at the top of my lungs!) God would minister to me through His music.
When I was in Texas this summer visiting my parents, my mom asked me to share some of the "good stuff" that God had done that could only be explained as a "God thing" in the past several months.
One of the things I shared was about our family song, "Everlasting God". I shared that this song had really grabbed my heart at the Chris Tomlin concert last winter. It had become our family song as we were teaching our children about waiting on the Lord. There were many areas in our life that we were waiting on the Lord, and they were full of questions, like, where are we going to go to church? where are we going to live? how long do we get to live at miss lucy's? are we moving back to texas? and many, many others! (my children are never short on questions - how about you?) We began to scour the Scriptures for verses about waiting on God, and God gave us this song, so we began to sing this song often around our house and in our car.
This past year we visited ALOT of churches from mega churches to brand new church plants, and every time we would go to a new place, somewhwere in the service, God would give us this song! Seriously, are you kidding me? We were at a lot of different churches with a wide variety of music, but it was always one of the songs! God is so cool! Kenzie and Colton would instantly grab my hand or put their arm around me and sing at the top of their lungs. How awesome is that??
To look back on it now, it was a huge lesson for me and for my children. Would I have chosen to teach it this way? probably not, but it is a lesson that I'm confident that they will never forget it.

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary
You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles

I share this because life is generally alot of waiting, and alot of feeling weak and in need, so wherever you are on this journey, wait on Him! He will give you amazing strength, more than you can imagine, for He is the giver of life! I would never have imagined PC and where we are ready for this week and here we are!

0 comments: