CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 24, 2007

Climbing the Walls

Since Colton has started "big" school this year, he has done great at learning to sit still for all that time and paying attention, but he has had more energy than he knows what to do with when he gets home. I cannot stand this heat, so I have not been very good about going outside to play with him. I am not one of these Southern women who "glisten", I'm a Texas gal who sweats and I don't like it! However, one of the things I love the most is swimming with my kids, so yesterday I picked them up from school and we went swimming at a friend's house. It is the place that I act like a total fool and cut loose with my kids. I don't know what happens to me when I get in the water, but I love to jump off the board, play games, do flips, spit water out of a noodle, do silly tricks; my kids love it!
We swam for about two hours and had a great time. We came home and I fixed supper, we did homework, and then Jerry took the kids outside and was playing football with the kids while I cleaned up the kitchen. I was feeling pretty good about our day. We had quality time with the kids, they had to be good and tired by now, surely they would come in and be ready for a good night's sleep.
Then, a few minutes after baths, I was on the computer, and Jerry called out to me, "Jana, do you see your son?" I said, "no, where?"
Colton had climbed up the wall in a doorway to see if he could touch the ceiling! Yikes! So much for my "picture perfect" evening!

0 comments: