CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 20, 2008

The Wives

Being a pastor's wife comes with many challenges. Church work is often physically, emotionally and spiritually draining. It is one of those jobs that you can never leave at work. It requires long hours and work on the the weekends. Don't get me wrong; I am absolutely NOT complaining. God called me a long time ago to be in ministry, and He absolutely has provided everything I have ever needed.

But lately, I've had several ask how I'm doing, or how things are going with how busy all of the staff is; sometimes I really don't know how to answer the question, but today I was reading a friend's blog, and she had this posted, so I thought I'd share...

Here are some ways that you can pray for our ministers' wives... (Amber, Amanda, Valerie, Holly and myself)...pray for us

-to be supportive
-to know when to have important discussions
-to form trustworthy friendships
-to grow personally in our relationship with the Lord
-to have just the right words at just the right time
-to know when to critique and when to praise
-to have wisdom in parenting children
-to have patience on Saturday (often a very stressful day)

Colossians 1:9-10 (from the NLT version)So we have continued praying for you ever since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete understanding of what he wants to do in your lives and we ask him to make you wise with spiritual wisdom. Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and you will continually do good, kind things for others. All the while, you will learn to know God better.

That is my prayer that through all of our relationships at PC that above all, we will learn to know God better by knowing one another. Thanks for being on the journey with me.

0 comments: