CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Colton

About 10 days ago, Colton told his daddy on the way home from football that he wanted to ask Jesus into his heart, so Jerry told him to wait until they got home with Mommy, and that we would all talk together.

So, later that night, we had Kenzie and Asher go to the basement while we had some time with Colton. So the three of us sat on the floor, and Colton shared his story. He told us how he felt that he was ready to ask Jesus to come into his heart because he knew that He died for him. He knew that He needed Jesus in his life to help him live the right way. We talked a long time about that it wasn't a simple one time decision, that this was a choice that he would have to keep on making for the rest of his life, to live each day for Christ, not for himself. He said that he understood and was ready.


So...in the middle of the living room floor with his daddy and I, Colton asked Jesus into his heart! Whoop! (that's Aggie for very exciting)...Afterwards, he gave us each a really big hug and said that he felt different already. He couldn't wait to call his Grammie and Grandad, Mamaw, etc. and his small group leader from church (which i thought was cool).
What an incredible blessing it is to see your children choose to follow Him!

5 comments:

Lanier Kelley

How special that is! I can't wait to share that news with Paul. The Kelleys are celebrating with Colton!

Sterling

Jana and Jerry,
I was thinking about you today as I was looking for encouragement and googled Jerry's name and found his blog. I have been reading off and on for about 6 hours. Then I found a post by Jana that led me here.

Fantastic news! Please tell Colton an Aggie friend from Texas thinks that is awesome.

I miss you very much. The wheels are turning on how I would love to come check out your area and catch up.

Family is great: Becky doing the home thing except for 3 hours Tues. and 3 hours Thur. being an SLP. Joshua turned 4 Mar. 19, Szachary was 2 Jan. 26, Benjamin will be 7 months on Oct. 9.

We love you and I hope I can figure out a way to come walk a few miles in your shoes.

SBT

Shannon

I can't think of anything better than being given the blessing of actually being there when your child comes to the Lord. God is so good. Welcome to the family, Colton!

Anonymous

I remember sitting in your living room in Edgmere (you do remember that house, right??) when Christ invaded my life one night!! How fitting!

Shane

Anonymous

Woohoo!!! Make sure to tell Colton that at that very moment, there was a huge party just for him in Heaven! That is totally awesome & truly amazing! Tell Colton the Dermos are celebrating as well!