CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Conversations with Asher


At lunch today (on going to school):

Asher: When you asked me if I wanted to go 3 days or 5 days, I did not understand what you were talking about.

Mom: What do you mean?

Asher: You know, when you asked me if I wanted to go to school 5 days. I said yes, but I didn't know what I was talking about. Now, I want to go 3 days.

Mom: But, Asher, now Mommy has to work 5 days. So you have to go to school 5 days.

Asher: No, I can just stay in bed.


Yesterday morning upon waking for school:

Mom: Asher, time to get up and get ready for school.

Asher: No, I'm just going to stay in bed.

Jerry then picked him up and is carrying him out of his bedroom...

Dad: What do you want for breakfast?

Asher: I'll tell you when I get there.


On the first morning of school, when I started crying because he was hugging me so tight:

Asher: Mommy, why are you crying?

Mom: Because I'm going to miss you.

Asher: But, Mommy, I have to grow up.

...more tears from Mommy...

1 comments:

Aimee

I am not sure who had the strength to pry him out of your arms after the comment about having to grow up. UGH! How precious!