CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 13, 2008

Quirky

I've been tagged! Aimee tagged me this time. I could provide a link to her blog, but it's private, so I won't.

Here are the rules:
*Link the person who tagged you.
*Mention the rules in your blog.
*Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours.
*Tag a new set of six following bloggers by linking them.

My Quirks:
1. I can't sleep unless my pillow is cold. I keep two pillows at all times so I can rotate them so that one is cold all the time. When we first married and our air conditioner didn't work that well, Jerry would put my pillow in the freezer before we went to bed. Seriously. I'm not kidding. I think that's why I love him so much. Ridiculous, I know.

2. I have to have diet coke out of a bottle (preferably the 16 oz size). I don't like it over ice, I can't stand it out of a fountain. It taints the taste. I like an ice cold one first thing in the morning...breakfast of champions. I was pondering giving up my diet coke for lent one year and Jer quickly requested that I not do that. Apparently, I'm much nicer when I've had my diet coke.

3. I cannot go to bed with dishes in the sink. I will stay up late no matter how tired I am just to wash them. I've tried to go to bed and deal with it in the morning, but I end up laying in bed thinking about it, give up and go to the kitchen and get them done.

4. I secretly love trash day. If the trash can isn't full on Tues. night, I will go around and find more stuff to throw away before we take we take it to the curb. I can't wait until they come pick it up the next day and I bring the empty ones back down. It's so cleansing. I can't stand clutter, so trash pickup day is a little-known favorite day of mine.

5. I love for all of the bands on the towels in the cabinet to line up perfectly. I don't demand it anymore because three children later, I'm just happy if the towels are clean and in the cabinet. I have been known to refold all the towels in the cabinet to have them line up, but not so much anymore. (I think this quirk can be traced back to working in the linen dept at Dillard's for 3 years of high school)

6. I don't like to talk on the phone. I'm a terrible phone caller. I am always late RSVPing, put off as long as possible any kind of "duty" phone calls that I need to make, I'm terrible about returning phone calls...this probably goes beyond a quirk to a character flaw, but it's the truth. If I've ever not called when I was supposed to, I apologize. I'm the worst in that area. It's nothing personal. Really.

Okay, now I'm tagging:

Steph
Jan
Shannon
Cindy
Lanier
Kerri

I hope you'll join in the fun! Come on! Fess up! What's quirky about you?

3 comments:

Aimee

Cold pillow - I love it! I'm no one to talk. I have whittled down my pillow requirement from FIVE, now down to two (though I really prefer to have a third - just in case). What a sweet husband to not only tolerate, but to assist your quirkiness!

staceykingman

We really have a lot in common!

Shannon

okay... my quirks are out there for the world to see. finally!! :)