CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Change

I'm not sure what I want to say here, but life is changing. I have nothing profound to share, just thoughts I'm processing. With the economy, the job rate, etc., (and I'm not being political here), life is different. I read something recently that our children will be the first generation in the history of the United States that will likely have less than their parents did. That is sobering to me, and, at first thought, scary. 

However, the more I thought about it, Jerry and I have always had a firm belief that all American Christians should spend some time overseas. We firmly believe that American Christians are spoiled, and therefore often weak. We have also prayed for an awakening and strengthening of the body of Christ in this country. Maybe this is God's way of bringing our nation to its knees. I don't know, but He's doing something.  Never in my life have I known so many friends out of work or facing salary reductions, etc. It can be overwhelming. Maybe we have become too comfortable, and rely on our "stuff" and our independent spirit to get us through. I don't know, but it definitely has me praying...and seeking...and desperate for a Word from Him. 

Makes me think of one of my favorite songs that seems to be my heart these days...

Sometimes it feels like I'm watching from the outside
Sometimes it feels like I'm breathing but am I alive
I will keep searching for answers that aren't here to find

All I know is I'm not home yet

This is not where I belong
Take this world and give me Jesus
This is not where I belong

So when the walls come falling down on me

And when I'm lost in the current of a raging sea
I have this blessed assurance holding me.

All I know is I'm not home yet

This is not where I belong
Take this world and give me Jesus
This is not where I belong

0 comments: